Munis Employee Self Service
Munis Employee Self Service (ESS) is a web-based application that allows employees to privately access personal and payroll information. This application serves as a 24/7 resource for all employees to access from any computer at their convenience.
Below are instructions on how to access and utilize the ESS site:
- Click on this link https://selfservice.epsb.com/mss/default.aspx to take you to the ESS web page.
- Click “Log In” (in the upper right corner of the gray bar) to get started.
- User name = Employee Number
- Password = last four digits of your social security number (first log in only)
- After your first log in you will be prompted to change your password.
- The Current Password is the last four digits of your social security number
- The New Password needs to be at least four characters long
- The New Password Hint is a personal reminder of your password if you forget it.
- TIP: Write down your password (or hint) and keep it in a safe place for reference
- You will receive confirmation that your password change was successful. Click Continue to proceed. When successfully logged in, you will see your name in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Once logged in, click Employee Self Service (blue button on right side of screen) to proceed. The Employee Self Service tab provides access to a menu of additional information by further clicking on the blue buttons on right side of screen.
- The Personal Information tab allows you to make changes or additions to your address, phone number and emergency contact on file with the District. You cannot change your District email address. After making a change hit the Update or Add button at the bottom of the page to save.
- The Employee Profile tab has information such as hire date, marital status and other demographic information and cannot be directly changed by an employee. P
- The Pay/Tax Information tab has several sub-menus (be sure to select the correct year from the drop down menu on main page):
- YTD Information displays your year-to-date earnings and deduction information (January 1st through December 31st).
- W-2 displays your most recent W-2 as provided to the State and Federal government for tax purposes.
- W-4 displays your current Federal and State tax withholding status. Changes to your filing status may be initiated online by clicking on Edit W-4 Values in the upper right corner. An email will be submitted to district payroll personnel for further approval before any change is processed. You will receive a confirmation email when this approval process has been finalized.
- Paycheck Simulator allows you to calculate how changes to your tax status would affect your net pay. This is only an estimate and entries are not saved. The system uses your most current paycheck for comparison purposes, which may or may not reflect your normal monthly base pay due to extra pay or deductions on that check.